Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Well now...the dust has settled.....it seems there was a ternader that hit a nuke-u-ler facility that created a nuke-u-ler ternader that was my life for the last few months (thank you GW for the pronunciation, and J. Raymond for the discussion on GW's pronunciations...and proclomations). So, let us review where we are. First, the blue dress was found, it fit perfectly well, and my lovely fiance was very happy (mind you, I did have to carry it on the T into boston, and I did have a paperbag stuffed with satin/lace/nylon/cotton/velvet/chain mail/etc b/c I didn't know which undergarment she meant when she said the black satin ones)....and, she's recovered from me airing the emails which I will never post again because I love her and respect her.....and it's fair because she promised never to show the video of me getting a beat down by that group of fourth graders. Hey, they had wiffle ball bats...those can hurt you know. I mean, a little duck tape and BAMMO you're taking down a pinata!!! So, the update that I promised. I quit my job. I moved in with Adrienne. I'm starting my new job. We're still in the process of unpacking. I've finally embraced technology and fallen in love with my DVR. HOWEVER, i did learn a valuable lesson about "record series". Make sure it's not on all the time at random times and that it doesn't record ALL episodes. Yes, sure, I missed a few episodes, but I now have 32 hours of Fuse TVs Pants Off Dance Off because it is on like 4 hours a day from like 10-11 and 2-3....(please check this out....www.fuse.tv/pants....it's my new favorite show. It's like watching some guy get hit in the dangerzone by his son hitting the wiffle ball off the batting T...only over and over and over again)....So....two things i've learned about being in a relationship and living together...first....get a calendar. Seriously. You have two busy people and put them together, and suddenly you're double booked every weekend and monday-friday is something else altogether. I thought, hey, living together, it'll make things easier. nope....still crazy. Get used to it. Second....how the heck can two people have use so many dishes, so many paper towels, and generate so much trash? We're going to get a bill from the city soon because of that. Oh...something else....shoes. I have lots of shoes...i buy them on sale and wear them till they are dead. I was fat. Clothes never fit right, but shoes did fit right. I could buy shoes. So i bought shoes. A lot of them. I'm not as fat now. I can buy clothes that fit. I don't buy shoes as often any more mind you, but now my shoes are taking a lot longer to wear out. And now I have lots of them. They are all comfy. They all fit. My future wife has shoes. Lots of shoes. Some she's never worn. Every one was bought while on sale....I'm proud of her. Just one itty bitty problem. "This pair doesn't fit right. This pair hurts. These are sling backs, those aren't good for cold weather. Yes, they're black, but they're SLINGBACKS. Right, those aren't slingbacks, but they're open-toe, so I can't wear them when it's cold. These are wicked cute but they hurt if i wear them more than 10 minutes. I like those but I can't walk in them. I can walk in those but if I have to stand still they hurt....someday I'll have a dress that goes with those...." And yet I live with it, and I love every minute of it. And it's only fair, because, you see, she has to put up with me having this amplifier and that amplifier and that effects pedal and this effects pedal and no, that guitar is for slide, and this guitar has a maple neck and that one has a rosewood fretboard, no, that pickup has a thin sound, that one is thicker, no, that is a recording mic, that one is for vocals...what do you mean the harmonica ended up in the laundry? Yes, I know, you found ANOTHER guitar pick....it was in your corn flakes? My bad...." And the biggest thing that she has learned to tolerate....the fact that I pee change. LOTS AND LOTS OF CHANGE. You can walk anywhere, and sure as Hansel and Gretel left bread crumbs, yours truly has left enough change and guitar picks to please all the out of work musicians in Boston and NYC COMBINED!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Ms. Zuba said...

LOL...you're in love!!!!

What a fantastic post. You should think about publishing an essay...Boston Globe Coupling....